Reasons to like Play It Again Sam:
- The Casablanca references, obviously. A film nerd’s dream.
- It takes place in San Francisco. I like to believe that Woody Allen, as the writer, choose SF as the setting solely so he could get the last scene right. Watch it and you’ll see what I mean.
- It was the first film pairing of Woody Allen and Diane Keaton.
- Not to mention…Diane Keaton. She’s just the best.
- The charming outdatedness of Tony Roberts’ character always calling his office to give the phone number of the place he’s currently staying. How did people survive without cell phones??
I don’t know what’s more hilarious, the spot-on dialogue or Woody’s slapstick humor. This clip has a perfect combo of both:
And of course, who wouldn’t want their own personal Bogey to give dating advice…
I can’t believe it took me this long to see this movie. The thing about Woody Allen films is that there’s so many it seems impossible for any one person to have seen them all. And that’s awesome, because it means I’ll be discovering equally hilarious movies for a loooong time…
2 thoughts on “"That’s a good terminal. I’ve thrown up there."”
Speaking of outdatedness, I've recently decided that I'm gonna jump into the world of RSS feeds because I need to read more and it's great how it organizes all the websites I check!
I was surprised to see blogs from friends still in my google reader and that you still write on yours!
Kyle!! Apparently my comment notifications go to my old email account, so I'm always surprised to find comments on here, haha.